Florida RV owners should consider purchasing RV insurance before heading out on the open road. RV insurance protects you and your family against damage caused by an accident, helps pay for medical bills resulting from injury, and can protect you against any liability claims while traveling. For additional information about RV insurance, call our agents at A. L. Saland Insurance Solutions Inc to discuss coverage options.
Is RV Insurance Required?
By law, you are required to carry a specific amount of insurance coverage for your RV. Any vehicle licensed to drive on the road must have minimum liability coverage. As an RV owner, you must evaluate your travel needs and determine if the minimum coverage is enough to protect you. It may be best to speak with your insurance agent to learn more about your RV insurance options.
What Does RV Insurance Cover?
Most basic RV insurance policies include liability coverage to protect you if you cause an accident or damage to someone’s property when driving your RV. Other insurance coverage options are available to include in your insurance policy. Here are some of those additional insurance options available:
- Liability insurance: Even though basic policies have this option included, it is a good idea to carry additional liability coverage.
- Property damage: Damage caused with your RV, such as knocking over a sign or hitting another vehicle; this policy helps pay for the damage.
- Bodily injury: Your liability coverage can help pay for medical bills if you injure someone with your RV.
- Uninsured and underinsured driver coverage: This section of your policy protects you if your RV is hit by an uninsured driver or a driver who did not purchase enough insurance to cover the damage.
- Comprehensive: This section of the policy covers damage done to your RV that is not caused by a collision.
- Collision: Damage caused by a collision is covered under this section of your insurance policy.
Florida RV owners should speak with their agent or call an agent at A. L. Saland Insurance Solutions Inc to discuss their insurance coverage needs.